Sunday, 1 July 2012

Happy Canada Day Mates!

Hoy Mates and a very jolly Canada day to you all!

I hope all my Prince Edward Island readers had a good time checking out the first chapter of Red Shores and Pirate Anchors. I was thrilled when I saw it in the Guardian and Journal Pioneer. To all my readers in Ontario, keep your eyes on the Vaughan Weekly for your first chapter coming soon!

Lillian and Jude both lived in Canada just as it had become a Country. Just like you are, they're very proud to be Canadian and live in such a special and diverse place. In fact, did you know that the idea of Canada originated from Prince Edward Island? It all started at a big meeting on the Island where people talked about their lands coming together and forming a country. We have a lot of places and people to be proud of in Canada. Famous writers, chefs, hockey players, fashion stylists and inventors just to name a few. Try to find as many special Canadians as part of your Canada Day celebrations!

Summer Reading Programs will be beginning this month in your local libraries, check them out to see which activites you can enjoy this July and share them with your friends. I'll be posting some of my favorite books for you to read this Summer. There's lots of selection so you'll br able to find something just for you.

In the mean time, check out my Twitter @MKRMossey for fun facts, photos, reading.suggestions and to ask me questions!

Until next time keep everything shipshape mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment