Sunday, 23 February 2014

Celebrating with Gold Rush Nachos at the Water's Edge Restaurant

As everyone knows, today was the illustrious closing of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics and while I've been beaming with pride at our Athletes accomplishments, I was equally excited to celebrate along with the rest of Canada watching the Olympic Closing Ceremony.

And at the Water's Edge Restaurant located at the Delta Prince Edward Hotel they've been honoring our Gold Winners with a special deal. For every gold medal our Canadian's won, the Water's Edge discounted their nachos by $1.00. And with a grand total of $10.00 Gold Medals, the Gold Rush Nachos were $10.00 off for today. So taking a queue from the awesome initiative of the Water's Edge, I headed down to watch the Closing Ceremony there and eat some truly outstanding Nachos.

And take a look at these Olympic worthy nachos...


Yes, oh yes! I could eat my computer just looking at that photo.

We're talking about pulled pork, spiced chicken and beef resting on tons of cheese, bell peppers, tomato, black olives and tri-color tortilla chips. (It typically comes with red onion and jalapeno as well but the Water's Edge being as awesome as they are customized mine so that my sensitive stomach wouldn't freak out.)

There were so many points of interest on this plate that I had no idea where to start but let's just say it was totally competing for my attention with the Closing Ceremonies (and at times, winning.). But once I dove in, there was an explosion of flavor in my mouth! Warm and succulent pulled pork mingled with crunchy bell peppers and juicy tomatoes to make for the perfect first bite all topped with fresh, cool sour cream. And every single bite after that was pure bliss and artistry.

Every flavor mingled perfectly with the next, each bite unique and each flavor adding it's own unique touch to the plate of sheer t yum. And you know how sometimes when you get nachos, there's not enough to cover the vast amount of chips? Well let me just say, Water's Edge has made that problem a thing of the past! No chip was left behind as each one had enough to top them until they were like a mini tortilla flavor party!

And the portion was so generous that two could easily share it and while, me, being the greedy little foodie that I am kept the plate to myself, was rewarded with a nice little take home pack of leftovers to eat...right...about...now. (Hey, it's just a little extra inspiration, that's all.)

All and all these nachos, like our Canadian Olympic performance was pure epic win!

Go and get some...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment