Sunday, 16 March 2014

Deep Fried "OMG" Mars Bar at The Factory Cookhouse

I'm not one of those people who flings around popular little tidbits like "LOL" and such, but when something completely embodies the meaning of Oh, My Goodness, then I can't help but describe it with the term so many have come to know and love.

OMG.

That's exactly what The Factory Cookhouse's Deep Fried Mars Bar did to me. It left me with an amazed little "o" shaped mouth which quickly turned into a wide smile of realization. That realization being that I had found something so sugar-coated, deep fried, delicious that there's no possible way I could ever look at a Mars bar the same again. Chef Brian at the Cookhouse can make dessert for me anytime! He's got all the skills needed to sweeten your day or create a memorable ending to one of his delicious meals.

I mean, just look at this...


Even as it was brought to me, I had a feeling that this was the point of no return. That once digging in, I would always have the lingering happiness that came along with eating deep fried mars bar follow me the for the rest of my life. That's not to say I don't need to have one again. Because nothing tastes like "more" than that little plate of desserty goodness.

You know Ambrosia, the mythical food of the Greek gods? This has to be it! All of that warm, melty, ooey, gooey goodness couldn't be described another way. And while it may seem like I'm over excited, believe me, this is not an exaggeration. Even after leaving the restaurant, I was left thinking back to how tasty that deep fried mars bar was and going "Mmmmm".

A Mars Bar deep fried in sweet dough and then hugged on both sides by whipped cream and vanilla ice cream; the whole thing then drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce to top it off. Underneath the crispy, deep fried sweet batter was melty milk chocolate with smooth, rich caramel and nougat, just slightly chewy. That alone is enough to send even the most jaded dessert eater over the edge, but then when you take that bite with fluffy vanilla ice cream and rich whipped cream; you're in heaven, my friend. Heaven and earth, all at the same time.

All of those flavors and textures come together and make this trendy dessert the modern miracle that it's come to be. You just haven't lived until you've sat down to this deep fried deliciousness and I can't help but urge to try it at The Factory Cookhouse, for me, it wouldn't have been the same served anywhere else because equally as sweet as all this sugary revelry that I've been expressing to you, is the lovely staff at The Cookhouse. The two young women that were there today just made me feel like I had walked into my own family's kitchen. I had never felt so comfortable at a restaurant before thanks to Glynn and Hannah. They really brought for that welcoming "Islander" way of acting like everyone is your friend since forever and ever. So thanks to them for making this a super experience. The only thing better to me than sweet food is people with sweet dispositions.

Bottom line? GO! GO, GO, GO! Run to The Factory Cookhouse and go right the wrong of never having tried a deep fried Mars Bar. And if you've had one before? Still...GO! You need to have it at The Cookhouse.

Already had a deep fried Mars Bar at The Cookhouse? Perfect. You're a good, good person. Let's go back together sometime. But you'll have to get your own because this is way too good to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment