Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Desserts and Daffodils for Canadian Cancer Society at the Redwater Rustic Grille

This dessert worth celebrating became the siren call of the Redwater Rustic Grille which brought me back to its ambient restaurant once again today. Braving the impending blizzard all for a taste of sweet charity, I went in to experience Chef Jane Crawford's dessert creation for the Canadian Cancer Society's Desserts and Daffodils fundraiser. Running through the month of March, local Island restaurants have been featuring special desserts and half of the proceeds from all sales go to the CCS.

With the Redwater Grille's Chef Jane's creativity, giving a helping hand to your fellow Canadians has never tasted so rewarding. Sticky Toffee Pudding with warm Maple Sauce and accompanied by house made praline ice cream. And what was placed before me, was a dessert with the look and taste of pure decadence.

 
Chef Jane, oh, dear, Chef Jane Craword! How do you make such beautiful and completely mesmerizing creations? I wish I had an iota of that talent when it comes to food and still, I'm happy I don't. Because that means I get to frequent the Redwater and be constantly blown away by such delicacies.
 
With it's delightful aroma this Sticky Toffee Pudding pulls you deeper and deeper in love with each decadent layer. The warm flavors of toffee and maple wrapping you in its sweet reverie, bite after bite is paired elegantly with cool and creamy house made praline ice cream. Velvety smooth, this dessert goes down as easily as a pleasant song on the ear and satisfies the senses completely.
 
A little trail of strawberry giving it another dimension of loveliness to the eye also adds a certain sort of unexpected je ne sais quoi so the warmth of flavors. A gentle burst of complimentary flavor amongst all the other points of interest that already capture a diner's attention. 

That's what I call a dessert made of pure luxury and pure heart.

Like everything I've ever ate at the Redwater Rustic Grille, I'm always left with a contented "Mmmmm" on my lips and already planning not only when my next visit will be but what exceptional flavor pairings will grace it. And as always my visit was made even greater by a glowing welcome from the delightful hostess Elizabeth and waitress Elena's kind-hearted nature.

This little slice of Heaven is just as sweet on your taste buds as it is on your heart and soul. There's only a five days left of Daffodils and Desserts so make your way down to the Redwater Rustic Grille and do your part for this extremely worthy cause. Treat yourself and others too!

No comments:

Post a Comment