Friday, 4 April 2014

PEI Burger Love: To Brie or Not to Brie at Water St. Fish and Chips

"To sleep, perchance to dream--of this burger."
-Me, Water St. Fish & Chips

Okay, so maybe I stole a little bit of that line from Shakespeare's "Hamlet", but that's how powerful Water St. Fish & Chips Burger Love creation is! "To Brie or Not to Brie" is a Burger that will leave you waxing poetic. Honestly, if William Shakespeare could have written food into existence, this would be the Burger he'd conjure up!

As a fan of Shakespeare, Island Beef and Water St. Fish & Chips, I'm so happy that this is my second Burger Love!

Jalapeno infused 100% PEI Beef plays the starring role in this epic love story with a stage set by Honey BBQ Sauce, Baby Arugula, Homemade Onion Rings, Double Cream Brie, Crispy Bacon, Homemade Deep Fried Pickles, Tomato, a Toasty Old-Fashioned Sesame Seed Bun and a Deep Fried Curry Pulled Pork Ball! (That's one yummy and incredibly edible stage in my humble opinion.)


Enter a hungry damsel who just happens to be a passionate eater. (That'd be me, folks.) And you've got two beef-crossed lovers for the ages!

 
The first thing I did was try out that deep fried curry pulled pork ball. It's a heavenly little topper with unreal flavor and tenderness! I've never had anything like it before, but I will definitely be back for more of these cute and tasty little morsels. The curry flavor was pure and was ideal with the tender pulled pork.
 
After that came my highly-anticipated first bite of the Burger, which was a sonnet of flavors! Island Beef has found a new mate in Jalapeno, because the infused burger made the perfect jumping off point for a variety of tastes. Each one was unique, cool and creamy, crisp and fresh, rich and warm, sweet and savory. It was true skill that brought together all of these aspects into a burger that is truly worthy of being Burger Loved. Perfectly stacked so that each complimentary ingredient is paired, you can see and more importantly taste all of the thought behind "To Brie or Not to Brie".
 
The double cream brie is terrific! I never would have thought to put brie on a burger but it's rich creaminess is lovely with Island Beef. It's a striking and awesome presence on this Burger and it's easy to see how it became the namesake of this Burger.
 
 
With a complex variety of textures and flavors, this is a must try Burger for PEI Burger Love. The deep fried pickles and onion rings add an unexpected edge of "yum" while the arugula meets the jalapeno spiced beef perfectly. All touched by the sweet Honey BBQ sauce and smoky bacon, you've got something to "brie" very proud of, Water St. Fish and Chips!
 
Oh yes, and I have to give a mention to my very favorite side at Water St. Fish & Chips! I got my onion rings which were fantastic. They have really delicious onion rings with this light and flakey batter, very authentic British Pub fare!
 
And now that I've had my very own soliloquy of sorts, all about this Burger, you have to go out and try it for yourself! Because, "To Brie or Not to Brie?", that is the question! Uh, to Brie, obviously! There's really no question there. You've got to go out and try this amazing burger.
 
...I guess there could be one question; how many of these poetically crafted  burgers will you eat this April?


No comments:

Post a Comment