Monday, 8 June 2015

A Fond Farewell to the Shipwright Inn

Four days ago my journey began with the Shipwright Inn, in Downtown Charlottetown, PE and now today is the day that I had to bid a fond farewell to the wonderful atmosphere, Innkeepers and staff of this most beautiful place. Each day a new experience, I feel renewed by the luxury that surrounded me, the peace that filled my senses and excited by all of the culinary discoveries thanks to Chef Shelby Spirak! With all the warmth of home, Judy and Trevor, along with their outstanding staff made me feel like a part of their own close family. I’m so glad that each and every one of you reading these posts has been able to share my outstanding experience at the Shipwright and hope it has inspired you to visit them yourselves!


Of course, I couldn’t go without a perfectly tasty send-off and so my final breakfast at the Shipwright was a perfectly sweet goodbye and as you can see, pretty as a picture!


To begin, Chef Shelby whipped up an awakening for taste buds! Her Strawberry Banana Smoothies were pure fruit blended into a sweet and creamy perfection that had a playful elegance with their bright color and presentation! While sweet and fun, these smoothies were also a healthy way to start off day! Paired with Chef Shelby’s fresh blueberry muffins, everything was “berry” delicious! Homemade and filled with fresh, juicy blueberries and a hint of warm baking spices, they were perfect stand-alone or when spread with Island made butter and the PEI Preserve Company’s fresh jams!


For breakfast’s main course, this morning was a beautiful, aromatic and simply delicious treat; Snickerdoodle Waffled with Sausage! Light and airy, I’ve never had waffled quite like this before and after having them, they’re the only kind I ever want again! Dusted with warm “Snickerdoodle” spices, drizzled with decadent caramel and topped with whipped cream, these indulgent waffles offered the warmth of spices with a touch of sweet! This marvelous flavor combination was paired with savory sausage which completed this plate with a trio of perfect flavors!


As sweet and delightful as my entire stay at the Shipwright, this perfect was a perfect representation of how pampered I felt. There are endless reasons why I could tell you to stay at the Shipwright Inn; it’s 5-Stars, promise of excellence and spectacular rooms. I could say it’s because of their central location, knowledgeable and kind staff, the way every moment is filled with peace and happiness. Honestly, even looking back and reading everything I’ve said, there’s still so much more to the Shipwright that simply cannot be conveyed with words. It’s a feeling and an emotion that you sense right away and will linger with you like a fragrance, something poetic and hard to pin a description on. Something that I hope you too will experience whenever you take a trip to Prince Edward Island.


For me, like a first love, the Shipwright Inn will always have a piece of my heart and I’m already looking forward to the day that I return to this very special place!

No comments:

Post a Comment